Since most sore throats are caused by germs5, there are steps that you can take to prevent getting an infection:
- Avoid sharing utensils with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap.
- Practice proper hand and throat hygiene by using an antiseptic hand wash and
gargle, such as BETADINE® Gargle to kill germs and prevent passing on germs
within the family or community2.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands as germs can
enter your body this way and make you sick.
- Stay away from people who are ill, as germs can spread.